Pat moved from Kansas to Tucson in 1999 with his wife to attend law school at the University of Arizona. He immediately fell in love with the desert, and he and his wife have been residents of the Phoenix area since 2005.
Since then, they have added three sons and two dogs to the family, and when Pat isn’t at the office, he enjoys hiking, camping and traveling with his family.
Pat Stanley is a trusted advisor and dedicated advocate for his clients.
By developing close relationships with his clients, Pat is able to understand their overall legal needs, and is adept at protecting his client’s businesses and understanding competing goals and interests when litigation arises.
Pat strives to effectively balance aggressive legal tactics with practical concerns, so that he can recommend strategies that help his clients attain their goals and minimize their legal risk.
Pat’s Dental Law Practice
Pat understands that dental school does not prepare you for everything you may encounter in practice. His dentist clients come to him with business and legal questions ranging from their first contract out of dental school to selling their practice, and everything in between.
Pat has two decades of experience in a variety of commercial transactions and litigation matters. Pat’s dental law practice primarily consists of representing dentists in the following areas:
- Business planning and formation/starting a dental practice;
- Healthcare transactions and acquisitions/practice transitions/dental practice sales;
- Dental employment contract negotiation and preparation;
- Dental associate non-competes and non-solicitation disputes;
- Healthcare real estate leasing and purchase/dental office leases and transactions;
- Employee relations/wrongful termination/legal issues relating to dental staff;
- Dental patient complaints/disputes regarding bad Yelp/Google/online reviews;
- Regulatory compliance for dental practices and audits/OSHA/AHCCCS;
- Business dissolution/dental partnership disputes;
- Dental practice valuations/legal representation of dentists in divorce proceedings;
- Probate and trust administration/estate and trust litigation; and
- Wills/revocable and irrevocable trusts/financial and healthcare powers of attorney.
However, if you are a dentist with another legal issue, Pat welcomes dentists to contact him directly with their legal questions.
In addition, Comitz Stanley attorneys Ed Comitz and Derek Funk represent dentists filing disability claims and/or in disputes with their disability insurance companies.
As a result, our law firm represents dentists and dental practices throughout Arizona. In fact, the majority of Comitz Stanley’s clients are dentists, so our attorneys have a great understanding of the nuances of dentistry and dental practices, and the laws affecting dentists in Arizona.
Education and Admissions
Pat graduated cum laude from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law and is admitted to practice before all state courts in Arizona and Florida. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona and the Southern and Northern Districts of Florida, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Recognition and Awards
Pat has received an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the highest possible rating based on both legal ability and ethics, and Arizona Business Magazine has recognized Pat as one of the “Best of Arizona” in the areas of Healthcare, Benefits, and Insurance.
As a result of Pat’s substantial contributions to the firm and his clients, the firm has been consistently recognized as the #1 Arizona Law Firm in Healthcare, as well as “Top Five” in the categories of Commercial Litigation, Estates/Trusts, and Real Estate by Ranking Arizona: The Best of Arizona Business.